I have just started using Open DNS server – which is a free and powerful DNS service. Use following DNS server address:
Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
HOW TO DO THIS:
1. Click on Start button > Settings > Control Pannel> Network Connections
2. Right click on YOUR “airtel dialup connection” or your internet connection,
Click on Properties button.
3. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in general TAB
4. Click on Properties button and Look for Preferred DNS Server:
5. Enter the following values there,
AND KEEP….OBTAIN IP ADDRESS AS AUTOMATIC.
6. Save and close the windows. If you are using old version of windows you may need to reboot the system…
To test new setting go to Start, Run, Type cmd
Type nslookup command
Now type domain name
Now experience good speed, better than previous…………………ENJOY!
Other most popular free DNS server IP’s for fast internet connections:
NOTE: Replacing your DNS with unknown IP’s may let your system get infected by harmful sites since DNS servers resolve websites’ IP addresses which you want to visit. When you type google.com at the address of your browser, your DNS will resolve the IP of google.com. If you don’t use a reliable DNS, you might visit a malware site although you type “www.google.com” at your browser’s address bar.